Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Houston - We Have Lift off!





My photo is not the usual work of art... but the bread sure was quite tasty ~ thank you very much! I feel quite accomplished! I did add a bit of Rosemary to the dough (in the liquid before ever adding the flour). It added a subtle taste that I quite like. We did have the virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. It was a lovely compliment to our steaks. I am glad I gave it the second try. It was well worth it. Thank you Mrs. Miles for sharing!



I am so relieved that we have finally finished with the wood. It brings my heart such joy, as well as my back. LOL! They are calling for snow tonight, so it is none to soon. Snow, I am not sure if I am ready for snow, but I guess when you live in Northwest Montana, it is inevitable. On thing for certain, we will stay warm.



Yesterday, I took a stroll down to the neighbors place with the dogs. Max is quite the "crazy dog" when he gets on a mad run! Fortunately he has never run into me. I am thinking he could do some serious damage. Today I played around and made a layout. I used Barbara's (Just Passing Through) Autumn Leaves papers and frames, Olivia Dorazio created the guilded leaves, and the font I used is Guttenburg MF. Max is in the front (duh!) and Morgan is bringing up the rear.


I'm a little boring today. The fire is lit, and I think I am going to wrap up in a blanket and hang out by the fire. Have an awesome evening everyone!

5 comments:

Susie2shoes said...

It's been a busy non computer day today so I'm just popping into my favourite blogs only now, which is nearly 1am UK time.

I'm going to be in London tomorrow so I wanted to pop by and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Wednesday. Have a fantastic day and keep happy and warm.

Oh! I forgot to mention how yummy that bread looks, well done it turned out great.

Big Hugs
Susie

Barbara said...

Eila, I can almost smell that bread baking and your fire going! Stay warm and cozy. Your layout looks great!
~Barbara
P.S. Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

txbubbles said...

I think I gained ten pounds just looking at your bread! I know you are so very glad to have the wood all done, now maybe you can relax and enjoy your birthday! Hope it's a happy one!
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas

Mrs. Miles said...

Ohhh I am SO excited for you with the bread - will you try more variations of it? Did you make more than one loaf? Did you use a pizza stone?

I keep trying different recipes from the book they are all terrific!

I am SO happy you used my leaves - you did a terrific job on your layout. Will you mind if I put a version on my blog and link back to you?

I do not think you're boring, sigh, I wish I could be there in front of a REAL WOOD fire and have tea with you.

I can well imagine your satisfaction with finishing the wood - like some people PAY to go to a gym for the sort of exersize you got chopping and stacking ROTFL!

Thank you so much for sharing! I love to visit you!

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!
Congrats on the bread....looks sooo yummy!!! If only computers had smell-o-vision.....lol

Amen, the wood is done! Time to sit back and relax those bones of yours!!! I do think you got enough wood for the winter and then some....wanna bring some over here??? HAHAHA

Well, I just wanted to stop by and see how things are going for ya.
Take Care and have a great day!!!!! :)

xoxoxo